About the TUW i²ncubator
The tailor-made TUW i²ncubator program helps TU Wien scientists, PhD students and Extended Studies on Innovation students to either bring disruptive research or promising early-stage deep tech projects to society. We facilitate fundraising through our network, access to personalized trainings, mentorship, an Advisor in Residence program, well-equipped workspaces and meeting rooms in our FounderSpace, as well as a strong inter-/national network.
What to expect from the TUW i²ncubator incubation program:
- Be guided & challenged by a team of experienced, domain-specific advisors in residence and mentors who are themselves entrepreneurs
- Our approach to each business is unique and focuses on the challenges you are facing
- Unconventional workshops and input sessions on the most burning topics you need to further develop your startup
- Learn how to present your innovation to non-experts
- Office space in the Founder Space (located at Taubstummengasse 11, 4th floor, 1040)
- Be part of an encouraging and supporting community made of TUW i²c founders. We paid close attention to the hurdles deep tech entrepreneurs face and our alumni are a vibrant part of our community eager to share with you their learnings
- Access to a wide network of industry representatives and investors to facilitate your entrepreneurial endeavors
- We need now breakthrough innovations more than ever and we are here to support niche projects as well
- Additional perks in the form of tools aimed to support you on the operational level
Duration of the program: 1 year
Start: September 1st, 2022
Format: an intensive onboarding and alignment month followed by a guided program aiming to help you advance and focus on both the product and the business development side. The program includes 2 workshops per month, an Advisor in Residence program and various formats to exchange knowledge with our alumni network.
The TUW i²ncubator was awarded with the Jumpstart Grant bewtween Jan. 2016 and December 2017.
The offer is complemented with events offering the Founder & Investor Talk Series as well as an Distinguished Speaker Series feature high-profile inter-/national guest speakers permitting the audience to learn first-hand form their experiences. Our start-ups not only have the opportunity to exhibit nationally at our TUW i²c NetworkingFriday but also at European fares like CeBIT, Hannover Messe, and Nürnbergmesse.
Another valuable asset is a strong network of inter-/national founders, investors (BAs, VCs), partners in public funding, industry, science, and mentors for every aspect of support and input needed combined with human resources - bachelor and master students as well as intra- and entrepreneurial educated students coming from our own extended studies on innovation.
The TUW i²ncubator represents a crucial cornerstone for the development plan of an Entrepreneurial University, implementing an own ecosystem that allows tapping the full innovation potential.