Building an entrepreneurial community across universities
Exchange ideas with like-minded people, get support and connect with people from TU Wien, WU, BOKU and Uni Wien.
Register to pitch your project & get feedback or simply join to find out about some of the best start-up ideas and initiatives of the moment in one unique event. Present either your startup or your first idea in an informal, relaxed setting and without pressure or find a project you want to join. At Joint Forces you have the opportunity to attract the attention of interested co-founders, future team members and mentors to complement your project’s needs. The feedback from the community can push your idea to the next level and in the meantime, you meet motivated innovators with multi-disciplinary backgrounds in economics, tech and life sciences.
Whether you are interested in innovation, want to meet like-minded people, or pitch your side hustle, Joint Forces is the place to be!
Join us if you want to:
What can you expect?
- Welcome Note: Introduction to entrepreneurial activities of BOKU:BASE, TUW i²c and WU Gründungszentrum
- Presentation of a student entrepreneur: a guest team of entrepreneurs holds an inspiring presentation about the motivation, setbacks and learnings behind founding their own company
- Pitches from projects & startups: 3 Minutes for a Pitch + 5 Minutes Q&A*
- Shoutouts: Everyone spontaneously has the chance to make a 1 min announcement, ask a brief question or introduce themself and tell the crowd what they are looking for during this event.
- Networking with pizza & drinks
Sneak peek into our last year's events
General facts & details
Pitch your idea at the next event!
Pitching at Joint Forces
If you would like to pitch, pay attention to:
- the application form: you might want to be especially careful when filling out the description of your project/start-up and what you are looking for at Joint Forces. This information is essential for us when selecting the 6 pitchers, so do tell us how interesting your project is, but please keep everything to the point.
- your pitch: you will have exactly 3 minutes to pitch and 5 minutes for Q&A from the audience. To ensure fairness for all pitchers, you will be stopped after the time is over. It is important to relax, talk loud and clear and most importantly, be open to the questions received from the public. They are meant to help you unlock new perspectives and bring up unthought-of matters, so don't be upset if you cannot answer all of them on spot.
- your slides: after being confirmed as a pitcher, you should provide them in PDF format at least two days before the event. As a hint, you might want to include a call to action or share contact details through your slides so that interested people can easily reach out to you after the event.
- the target audience: the audience usually consists of open-minded students and entrepreneurship enthusiasts, therefore you should tailor your pitch accordingly. We do not officially invite public grant givers or investors to our event, but that does not mean they are not welcome to drop by.
- idea publication: if you are planning to apply for a patent for your technology or product, please keep in mind that presenting at Joint Forces can be a disclosure of your idea. This could prevent you from future patent applications. Therefore, you might have to pay attention to the degree of detail in your presentation. If you have any doubts regarding this issue, please contact your university’s technology transfer office or the Austrian patent office.