From One-Man-Show to One-Man-Show (to One-Man-Show) by Niko Alm
The next Founder & Investor Talk takes place already next week on WED, May 17th. After we had to reschedule Niko Alm’s talk from April, we are now looking forward to finally welcoming him! Niko Alm
- founded several companies since 2000
- brought the international media company VICE to Austria and became CEE CEO
- is an active nano business angel
After his talk and the Q&A-session, we invite you, as always, for networking accompanied by some free drinks. There is no fee, but registration on Eventbrite is necessary.
More about the talk:
“From One-Man-Show to One-Man-Show (to One-Man-Show)”
Niko Alm founded his first enterprise in 2000 during the last dying breaths of the first internet bubble. Since then he kept a good pace of approx. one new company per year, including the rooting of the international media company VICE to Austria. After a streak of establishing new companies, mergers and acquisitions, he sold most of his shareholdings to VICE and starting investing in all sorts of companies. In his talk, Niko tries to find patterns of success of failures of his own ventures in the development of his startups.
More about Niko Alm
Niko Alm, born in Vienna 1975, holds a master’s degree in philosophy and communication science and is founder of the creative agency Super-Fi. The company joined the international media group VICE in 2013, Alm then became CEO for the CEE region. He is also a founding member of NEOS, a new liberal party in Austria, and was a member of the parliament. His policy focus areas included economics (with an emphasis on start-ups), media, cultural affairs, internal affairs, net politics and space. Alm himself is also a nano-business angel.
Preview of subsequent i²c Founder & Investor Talks 2017:
- WED, May 31st, 5:00-7:00 p.m.: Talk #36 “Minefield of experience: A mixture of success and failure from seven company foundations” with Michael Eisler, Serial Entrepreneur, Co-Founder & CEO at startup300 (EI 9 Hlawka Hörsaal)
- WED, June 21st, 5:00-7:00 p.m.: Talk #37: “The life of an entrepreneur or the thin line between genius & madness” with Selma Prodanovic, Founder & CEO of 1millionstartups.com and Brainswork Group, Co-Founder & Vice President of Austrian Angel Investors Association (EI 9 Hlawka Hörsaal)